Many have been on vacation on & off since Christmas 2010. Now that New Year has gone by, back to work!
Most US major companies in Bangalore have remained closed from Christmas to New Year. Many friends have been whining about going back to work tomorrow. We were not closed, we worked through out (as usual). But I saw a good number of movies in December,
- Due Date – very cool movie.
- The Tourist – interesting movie, over hyped in my opinion. Bangalore had many hoardings all over the city for this movie.
- 12 Angry Men – Was bored at home, asked my friend to lend any of his good DVDs. Thank god he gave me this one. A 1957 film, very engrossing. Every entrepreneur should see this movie. Shows decisions should not to just go with the majority without reasoning. One shouldn’t be afraid to question decisions, shouldn’t be afraid to speak out their mind. But you should be gracious enough to admit your decision was not as good as others and should change your decision accordingly.
- Christmas with Kranks – saw it on TV with family. Always great to watch Santa movies with family. Tim Allen as usual is always great.
- Phas Gaye Re Obama – fantastic movie. If you have a sense of humor, you ought to watch it. If you don’t have a sense of humor, oh, that is sad. Sanjay Mishra is a model kidnapper 🙂 Such fine talent can be seen in this movie.
- Manmadhan Ambu – most of us are fans of Kamal Haasan. I don’t understand Tamil that well but I was informed the movie had English subtitles. Yes, subtitles! Very smart idea, the movie suddenly would have increased its reach. First half of the movie is good, end part of the movie is a drag.
- Super – I attended a public function in which the actor Upendra delivered a dialogue from this movie. It was too enticing for me, went for the movie the very next day. Shows how one can change the country if everyone pitches in.
- Tere Bin Laden – chuckle, people can get creative. Ended the holidays with this movie.
I cannot say “back to work” from tomorrow. I managed to see all these movies in spite of not being closed at work for holidays.