The other day I was driving around the city with my colleague who pointed me to this poster of Indian Badminton League. Totally awesome. Kudos to the creative brain(s) behind this poster. The only sport that has clicked in India is cricket and within cricket only IPL seems to be rocking. Hopefully IBL will not have any issues of IPL6 spot fixing. And does IBL plan to have cheerleaders and after match parties? Reasonably sure no. IPL has ditched both. IBL will have to work very hard to make it a success. It would be best they work with media closely without throwing around their weight/ego. They will need the help of media to spread the badminton sport. Few things for IBL to keep in mind,
- Would be good if they can be interactive on their Twitter handle, I sent them one but no response.
- Their official website is not mobile friendly. Fail.
- On schedules page mention the day of the week.
- May be I am missing – on the main page I don’t see the start and end date of the tournament. Anyways it is from August 14-31, 2013
- Encourage and allow spectators to bring their cameras. Let the photos spread on the internet. IBL needs the fans to make this tournament a success.
- Don’t see much promotion of the tickets on the internet. Wake up. Get active on the net.