My third column in “Vijaya Next” (Kannada) was about what social networks. Everybody talks about Facebook & Twitter these days. But which one should we be using? Main points were,
- Facebook, Orkut, Twitter are the main options
- Facebook & Orkut are social/personal while Linkedin.com is for professionals
- Yesterday Orkut was the leader in India, today it is Facebook. Nothing is permanent on the internet and even in the offline world.
- The dangerous of being over active on social networks
- Not everything you see is true
- None of the Indian networks have really taken off.
The snapshot from epaper can be found here.