My seventh column in “Vijaya Next” (Kannada) was about health related info on the internet. Main points were,
- Today we live in a health conscious society.
- The internet has fantastic content related to health. Every aspect of health is available on the internet today – heart attack, diabetes, thyroid, pregnancy, cancer.
- The internet is a great tool as long as you understand it should be used to improve your knowledge about the subject and not for self diagnosis.
- Mentioned recommended health URLs
- Mytoday.com has health related SMS channels.
- You can get second opinion from sites like HealthCareMagic.com
- Several health calculators are available on the net (are you over weight?)
- Save your health records online for easy access for your family & when you are traveling.