According to a report by advertising giant GroupM, Ad spend in India will touch Rs 49,000 crore / $8.1 billion (12.6% growth over 2014).
India will see a 37% increase in digital ad revenue in 2015. Digital media has been growing at an average rate of 35% over the last 2 years (2013, 2014).
India has 279 million users in the digital space. Few brands have allocated a substantial chunk of their advertising budget to digital media. Digital advertising has seen a healthy growth in India, thanks to the well funded ecommerce companies in India.
While the mobile user base has grown in India we are yet to see the mobile ad revenues increasing in the same proportion.
Video and social media will get bigger in 2015, both in terms of time spent and number of users.
|Media||2014 (in Rs crore)||2015 (in Rs crore)||% Change|
|Out Of Home||2,483||2,582||4%|
- Digital advertising will account for 9.51% of all ad spend, up from 7.8% in 2014.
- Growth in digital ad spend will be the fastest.
- Print media’s share will shrink from 37% to 34%.
- TV will remain dominant with a 45.8% share, up from 44.5%.
- Ecommerce and Telecom are aiding the growth of ad spend in India.
- Smart data and analytics will play a big role in digital advertising spend.
- Native advertising [sponsored content] will compete with the standard banner advertising in India.
A report by FICCI-KPMG says the spend on print advertising was more than TV. This contradicts the table shown earlier in this blog post.
|Year||Print (In Rs Cr)||TV (in Rs Cr)||Digital Advertising (in Rs Cror)|