The 2009 edition of the PricewaterhouseCoopers report “Indian entertainment and media outlook 2009’ has in-depth forecasts and analysis of eight industry segments. These are – television, filmed entertainment, print media comprising newspaper and magazine publishing, radio, emerging segments like music, animation, gaming, internet advertising, out-of-home advertising and sports.
- The pace of growth in Indian Entertainment & Media industry in 2008 slowed to 10.3% in 2008 as compared to 16.7% in 2007,
- Advertising spending slowed to 11.3% in 2008 as compared to 20.7% in 2007
- Total growth in E&M industry in 2009 is projected to be 8.3% and will return to double digit growth in 2010
- Overall spending expected to increase from the present size of Rs. 216 billion in 2008, to Rs. 366 billion in 2013 (a cumulative growth of 11.1% on an overall basis).
- Print media: The industry is projected to grow by 5.6% over the period 2009-13, reaching to Rs.213 billion in 2013 from the present Rs. 162 billion in 2008.
- Radio advertising: The industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 18% over 2009-13, reaching Rs. 19 billion in 2013 from the present Rs. 8.3 billion in 2008; more than double its present size.In terms of share of ad pie, it is projected that the radio advertising industry will be able to increase its share from 3.8% to 5.2% in the next five years.
- Internet advertising: Its share of total advertising spend will increase to 5.5% in 2013 from 2.3% in 2008.Given the trends of increased internet usage, internet advertising is projected to grow by 32% over the next five years and reach an estimated Rs. 20 billion in 2013 from the present Rs. 5 billion in 2008.
Not sure where this Rs 5 billion figure for internet advertising (2008) came from. Sounds very high to me.