According to “Hindi Dailies With Local News Rule The Roost“
- India has almost 1,000 Hindi Dailies with a circulation of 80 million copies
- India has 250 English Dailies with a circulation of 40 million copies
- Hindi newspapers enjoy the highest growth rate. Reasons: increase in literacy levels and penetration of newspapers into smaller markets
- Stock valuations and advertising rates of Hindi newspapers are comparable with those of English dailies (cool!).
- There are lot of similarities in the front pages of English and Hindi newspapers.
- In terms of layout, not many differences between English and Hindi newspapers.
- The emphasis in Hindi newspapers is on the local news but in English it is on international news (we see the same pattern on the internet)
- Sports overshadowed political news on the front pages of Hindi papers.
Local is what that will rule the internet and as we go deeper into Tier-II in India I believe local language will become a necessity and not a luxury.