Mint recently carried an article “Print action shifts to Tamil Nadu as advertising market grows”. Some important points about print advertising from the state of Tamil Nadu,
- Advertising market in Tamil Nadu is booming leading to the launch of new English and Tamil newspapers/magazines
- Maran family owned Tamil paper Dinakaran is in the process of launching its English edition.
- Current advertising market size is Rs 1000 crore (approx $222 million)
- Print Ad market growing 20% year on year (not sure in which other country this can be seen!)
- All newspapers in Tamil Nadu are showing are good growth.
Even in the online world we see Tamil has a huge user base. It grows always exponentially. So far we haven’t seen the online advertising market specifically growing in a particular language. Every advertiser wants to target the niche but we are yet to see a notable growth in language online advertising – we in India for now want the overall online advertising to grow, after that we will target for the growth of language online advertising.