Mint is carrying a four-part series on blogging. The first part was titled A decade on, Indian blogs remain mostly urban, niche,
- Difficult to pin down how many active bloggers India has. Possibly 200-500k
- Regional language blogging has arrived in India. This should help in increasing the number of bloggers in India
- A blog with daily readership of 1500-2000 is considered good in India
- Indians are finding it difficult to conceptualize, hence finding it hard to decide on what to write
- Blogs in US are a lot more mature. They go to any extent to analyze any subject. In India very few sites analyze things deeply, if any, it is technical.