The number of Internet users in India is expected to reach 402 million by December 2015, registering a growth of 49% over last year, according to a report ‘Internet in India 2015’, jointly published by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB International, today. While Internet in India took more than a decade to move from 10 million to 100 million and 3 years from 100 to 200 million, it took only a year to move from 300 to 400 million users.
An interesting infographic from Intel talks about what happens in a minute on the internet,
- Every minute, 1,300 new mobile users are added
- Every minute, 47,000 apps are downloaded
- Every minute, 320 people join Twitter and 100K tweets are sent
- Every minute, there are 277,000 Facebook logins and 6 million page views
- Every minute, >2 million Google searches are performed
- Every minute, 204 million emails are sent
- By 2015, the number of networked devices will be 2x the global population
According to Nielsen’s study on data plans of smartphones users in the world majority (42%) in India prefer to pay by the MB and only 15% opt for unlimited data plan.
These days we don’t talk much about the number of mobile users in India, it has gone above 800m and the growth is slow. The flavor of the season is mobile internet, smartphones, 3G in India.
Read more on Smartphones to double, 3G usage will surpass 2G in India in 2013…
It looks like all research for internet usage in India will be covering the mobile heavily and just as a courtesy desktop PC will be included. Just yesterday I received the report “Mobile Internet in India – December 2012” from IAMAI. There are 3 types of Mobile internet users in the report, Read more on Future internet user base projections will be only for mobile, India to have 165m users by 2015…