Loved the title in today’s Economic Times “Why 2014 will be the year of SCAM” – with so many scams around us why shouldn’t IT industry be part of a SCAM – Social, Cloud, Analytics, Mobility – to succeed?
Some highlights from the article,
- The $110-billion technology services sector looking for new growth engines will be shouting SCAM in 2014
- Social, cloud, analytics with big data and mobile are interlinked.
- IT companies want solutions that cut across the SCAM areas.
- Gartner expects SCAM business to be worth $104 billion, contributing about a fourth of business software revenue by 2017.
- Globally, by 2015 there will be 5 billion mobile devices, and mobile app revenues alone will be $52 billion. Social media will have 1.5 billion users globally. That alone will be a $34-billion opportunity.
- IDC sees mobile, cloud services, social networking, big data and analytics help drive a 5% jump in global technology spending in 2014 to $2.1 trillion.