According to PricewaterhouseCoopers’ Global Entertainment and Media Outlook for 2010 to 2014 the ad revenue market would look like,
- Television remains in first
- Online and mobile ads, excluding mobile ads, are projected to expand from $24.2 billion in 2009 to $34.4 billion in 2014
- Newspaper sales are estimated to fall from $24.82 billion in 2009 to $22.3 million in 2014.
- In 2005, the broadband penetration in U.S. households was at 34%. An estimated 64% of households now have a broadband connection. The federal govt has allocated a stimulus of $7.2 billion to increase the broadband penetration.
- Mobile advertising in North America is predicted to quadruple from $414 million in 2009 to $1.6 billion in 2014