Sharing a few of the good resources you may find useful. You may find them useful too. Periodically, I clean them up. If you find anything irrelevant do let me now.
Startups are on the rise in India. It is good to see a new and bold breed of entrepreneurs in India. The startup eco-system in India has improved a lot over the years, we are yet to catchup with Silicon Valley but the journey has started.
While angel & VC funding in India is out there, lately startups are getting help from incubators and accelerators. We list a few of them here.
- Crowdfunding India – helps fund medical patients, NGOs and even social enterprises
all with the generosity of thousands of donors online
- Indiegogo – Find, fund, and shop the next big thing
Incubators / Accelerators in India
- Axilor Accelerator Program, Bengaluru. One of the fastest ways to build a high growth business and get funded.
- BLS Accelerator, Delhi. Creates opportunities to scale through its accelerator and market access programs curated for both local and international startups. Backs innovation through the seed and growth stage.
- Excubator, Bengaluru, a startup incubator who help you position your idea in a competitive environment using Excube360 platform.
- Gastrotope is a catalyst/Farm to Fork accelerator which is a joint venture of 3 companies: Mistletoe, GSF India, and Infobridge.
- GSF Accelerator, New Delhi
- India Accelerator is the only GAN partnered, mentorship-driven, incubation program in India.
- Jio GenNext, Mumbai. a startup accelerator backed by Reliance Industries. Advises and mentors exceptional founders for launching their startup in the Jio ecosystem.
- NSRCel at IIM Bengaluru. Incubating early-stage ventures across various stages, sectors, and scope.
- Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator, Bengaluru, Delhi-NCR, Mumbai
- Qualcomm Ventures, Bengaluru. Provides domain expertise, connections and global presence.
- Silicon Road, Mysuru. The main focus is on retail and food technology. Has tie-up with their US office.
- Target Accelerator, Bengaluru. The focus is on retail. It is a four-month program in Minneapolis and Bengaluru.
Incubators / Accelerators in the US
- ATDC: Advanced Technology Development Center is an accelerator launched by Georgia Tech in 1980.
- PlayGround: based in Palo Alto, Calif., founded by Andy Rubin (Founder of Android), invests in and incubates startups building software-based hardware, helping them develop products from prototype to manufacturing.
- Silicon Road, Atlanta. The main focus is on retail. Has a branch in Mysuru.
Incubators / Accelerators in Canada
- Open Data Institute – The ODI was co-founded in 2012 by the inventor of the web Sir Tim Berners-Lee and AI expert Sir Nigel Shadbolt to address today’s global challenges using the web of data.
- Open Data Incubator Europe (ODINE) is a 6-month incubator for open data entrepreneurs across Europe. The program is funded with a €7.8m grant from the EU’s Horizon 2020 programme.
- Blockchain Curated
- Blockchain Job: Job board for non-technical roles in the Crypto space
- Bitcoin Magazine
- Coin Telegraph: independent publication covering cryptocurrency, the blockchain, decentralized applications, the internet of finance and the next gen web.
- TV guide across various streaming services (Netflix, Amazon Prime etc) & TV channels: JustWatch, ReelGood (Trak.tv gives good movie / TV recommendations)
- WordPress – The most popular open source blogging platform.
- Codeable – a leading outsourcing service for WordPress
- Broken Link Checker – This plugin will monitor your blog looking for broken links and let you know if any are found. Hogs lot of memory.
- Post Type Switcher – Convert Page to Post, Post to Page, Page to Attachment, Post to Custom
- Relevanssi – This plugin replaces WordPress search with a relevance-sorting search.
- Restore Image Title – adds “title” tag for images.
- TablePress – a nice plugin to add professional tables to your posts and pages.
- Yoast SEO – The leading SEO plugin for WordPress
- WP Optimize – cleans up the WordPress database.
- WP Super Cache – Very fast caching plugin for WordPress.
- Studiopress – this blog uses Studiopress themes
- Awesome Screenshot – a great image grabber
- DomainHunter – Checks for broken links on the page you are browsing
- Evernote – a must for those who want to make quick notes, bookmark URLs
- Ghostery – protects your privacy
- QR Code Generator – This extension generates a QR Code from the current page, link or selected text through a quick and easy right-click menu.
- The Great Suspender – Auto-suspend inactive tabs to reduce memory usage of chrome
- unpayWall: Skip the paywall on millions of peer-reviewed journal articles. It’s fast, free, and legal
- WhatFont – a nice way to check which font is being used on a page
- Thunderbird email client
- Folder Pane View Switcher
- Shortcuts to use Thunderbird more efficiently
- Lightning – a neat Calendar within Thunderbird. This may not work with TB 3.0
- MailTweak – provides many neat utilities built over default features.
- MozBackup – used for backing up Thunderbird profiles which can be used later during restoration (disk crash etc)
- QuickFolders – easy way to search folders without having to scroll thru a big tree of folders
- Remove duplicates – at times when you import mail from a client like Eudora/Outlook to Thunderbird there could be a chance of having duplicate emails/folders in Thunderbird. Get rid of those duplicates
- XPunge – This compacts and empties all your Trash folders. You can set a timer to do this task or do it manually.
- Keep TB running smooth.
- Mail Summaries – Adds a summary of mail accounts and folders to replace the account central pane and the empty folder preview
- Top Level Domains (TLDs) – get to know what are the other domain extensions other than .com, .in, .net
- Checking Availability of Domainname Availability
- Domainname/DNS Tools
- ViewDNS – the DNS propagation tool is useful
- WebDNSTools – This tools runs a series of tests against a domain to check for a number of configuration problems.
- Domain Monitor Service – Monitor the daily status of any domain and receive daily email alerts when one or more of your domains changes its status.
- Free Images / Photos for your blog
- Online Image Editor
- PIXresizer – a neat Windows utility for resizing images.
- Photoshop Alternatives
- Cleaning up malaware etc
- CCleaner – is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system – allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner.
- Glary Utilities – It offers numerous powerful and easy-to-use system tools and utilities to fix, speed up, maintain and protect your PC. Includes cleaning of registry and fine tuning your startup.
- MalwareBytes – has developed a variety of tools that can identify and remove malicious software from your computer.
- Clover – get tabs in file explorer.
- Defrag – is a FREE, light, and stable disk defragment tool designed for maximum hard drive performance.
- Disk Space Fan – is a freeware and it is a nice disk space analysis tool for Windows. It helps you to free up disk space by quickly finding and deleting big, useless files. It displays disk space usage with a nice chart. You can navigate the folders easily with the chart. It is also intergrated with Windows Explorer to open, delete and browse files or folders.
- Everything – Search for any file/directory on Windows, far better than Google Desktop.
- Fences – Is a program that helps you organize your desktop and can hide your icons when they are not in use
- Flux – makes the color of your computer’s display adapt to the time of day, warm at night and like sunlight during the day. Available for Mac, Linux too.
- FolderSize – shows the size of folders in Explorer. A must have tool.
- MobZync – compare the contents of two folders
- Notepad++ – a better notepad
- TinySpell – a spellchecker that monitors your spelling in all text that you input in any program.
- TouchFreeze – Utility for Windows to disable touchpad automatically while you are
- Uninstaller – Revo Uninstaller kills all registry keys, folders efficiently
- Vista Switcher – as easy way of minimising & maximising many windows at once.
- Wordweb – is a one-click English thesaurus and dictionary for Windows that can look up words in almost any program.
Social Media Related Links
- dlvr.it – Feed your blog’s or site’s RSS feed into a Twitter account
- Twitter Followers
- Twitter Clients – helps you use Twitter as a Pro User
- BufferApp – takes care of sharing that content on a schedule your followers will love.
- Hootsuite – shortens URLs, can manage upto 5 profiles for free, talks to Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn
- Macaw – For iOS only. Curates the best tweets from your the handles you follow.
- Tweetdeck – one of the most popular Twitter clients, owned by Twitter
- Twitter Management Tools
- Reports / Analyzing Tools
- Audiense – The app lets you manage your lists, see your community on a map and browse your community conveniently based on their engagement. On top of this, the app allows you to bucket your followers according to time zones which is very useful to know when to best reach them.
- TrendsMap – is a real-time mapping of Twitter trends across the world.
- FollowerWonk – Grade your Twitter account