Podcasts have been available in India for many years but it is only since 2017 it has gained some traction. We find people of all ages showing an interest in Podcast in India, but we have a long way to go.
If any of these have stopped being active please do let me know. Some of the popular podcasts in India are:
Podcasts in Indian Languages
- Puliyabaazi Hindi Podcast: Fortnightly podcast hosted by Pranay Kotasthane & Saurabh Chandra. Out every alternate Tuesday
- The Tollywood Project: Two NRIs talk on movies, technology and many other Telugu related topics.
Indian Startup Podcasts
- FactorDaily Outliers by renowned startup-tech journalist Pankaj Mishra. A podcast about the ones who chose to take the road not taken.
- Audiomatic is the place for high-quality, narrative podcasts from top-rated talent in India.
- Cyrus Says: Hosted by the inimitable Cyrus Broacha, Cyrus Says is the definitive show on life in urban India, politics, sports, civic sense, traffic, kids, food, and everything that matters.
- Forbes India Podcast: Related to travel, technology.
- History of India: A light weekly podcast by Kit Patrick covering the history of India, from 6th century B.C. onwards.
- IVM Podcasts: Provides high-quality podcasts of all shapes and sizes.
- Maed in India: India’s first indie music podcast.
- My Seven Chakras features thought leaders, visionaries and experts who have dedicated their lives to raising the level of human consciousness.
- The Capitalmind Podcast: On Debt Mutual Funds Taking Losses and What You Can Do About It
- The Inconceivable Desis: A podcast dipping into pop culture, books, movies.. and discovering their Indian connections
- The Inspiring Talk: Today’s most successful and inspiring personalities every Monday.
- The Plan B Project: An unscripted conversation-based Indian comedy Podcast
- The Real Food Podcast: Taste the origins, legends and practical magic of ingredients and recipes that range from every day to the extraordinary.
- Our Last Week is a fortnightly podcast by neuro-science researcher and physicist Anuvab Pal and world-renowned philosopher Kunaal Roy Kapur.