Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu announced the winners of the Eighth edition of Deloitte Technology Fast50 India program yesterday (October 19, 2012). Greynium (which owns Oneindia.com, click.in and various industry verticals) was the first one to get the award in the event held in Bangalore, simply because we ranked #50 😉
The winners are judged by the growth in revenues over the last 3 financial years. We at Oneindia have seen good growth and were mainly recognized for putting all our efforts behind Indian languages. Just recently we launched our 6th Indian language – Gujarati.
Few things the Chief Guest Phaneesh Murthy had to say,
- Focus around being amongst positive people, results will be exponentially good.
- Aspirations need to be high. Think very high else you will not achieve impressive goals.
- Choose partners wisely and carefully.
- Work ethics, staying power of all your partners need to be in sync.
- Entrepreneurs need to know they are not running a sprint but a marathon (tell me about it!).
- Don’t hesitate to have crucial conversations with your partners (for e.g. when you want to exit), else it will cause problems at crucial points of the company’s life cycle.
- There are way too many avenues for raising money, VC funding is one of the only ones.
It was good to come across other winners which had demonstrated phenomenal growth. Of the 50 winners 9 were from Internet category.
- Rechargeitnow.com was the winner this year as they had a growth of 5227%! An enviable but an inspiring number for the rest of us.
- Cocubes Technologies Pvt Ltd – growth of 849%.
- RedBus – growth of 552%.
- Pay Point – growth of 310%.
- CapitalVia Global Research – growth of 248%.
- IndiaIdeas.com (BillDesk)- growth of 205%.
- Wildnet Technologies Pvt Ltd – growth of 169%.
- Matrimony.com Pvt Ltd – growth of 114%.
- Greynium (Oneindia) – growth of 100%.
For the team at Greynium this is a welcome recognition but after looking at the growth of other 49 winners I am convinced we have a lot more to achieve. If others can hit such good revenue numbers we too should. No excuses anymore.