Opera has released the mobile Internet usage for Jan 2010 report recently. Of the 10 countries covered by them, India too has been covered. Clearly shows mobile internet in India is on the rise.
- Page-view growth since January 2009: 225.9%
- Unique-user growth since January 2009: 236.3%
- Page views per user: 344
- Data transferred per user (MB): 6
- Data transferred per page view (KB): 19
- GetJar is back on the list after a 9-month absence.
Top 10 sites in India (unique users)
- youtube.com (1)
- yahoo.com (1)
- getjar.com (back on the list)
I don’t find any pure Indian mobi site in this list. Sad. I believe mobile internet users are not aware of the existing mobi portals in India.
Top handsets for January 2010
- Nokia 5130 XpressMusic
- Nokia 2700c
- Nokia N70
- Nokia 3110c
- Nokia N73
- Nokia 6300
- Nokia 7210
- Nokia N72
- Nokia 5310 XpressMusic
- Nokia 3500c