My tenth column in “Vijaya Next” (Kannada) was about maintaining the new mobile handsets that are getting popular – iPhone and Android based phones. Main points were,
- India has about 700 million mobile users
- PC internet penetration is low, about 60 million of them
- Mobile will introduce internet to most users in India (thru mobile internet)
- Mobile internet will not “replace” PC internet. Both will co-exist & grow.
- Need to have a good handset to have a good experience of mobile internet.
- Android powered phones are getting popular and seem to be cheaper than iPhone
- Don’t buy a gadget because of peer pressure. Figure out your feature needs and buy a phone accordingly
- Both iPhone & Android phones have good number of mobile apps which make your handset interesting.
- Most of these phones will have WiFi feature but make sure it does.