Looks like we have company, even Americans find broadband expensive! A report released by Pew Internet & American Life Project says,
- The three policy goals associated with broadband in the Obama stimulus package: creating new jobs, creating new broadband subscribers, and improving the broadband experience for all subscribers through faster networks.
- About one-third of Americans not currently using broadband still wouldn’t because of the expense
- Access to computers and the difficulty of using the technology are also barriers to widespread broadband use
- About 57 percent of the nation uses broadband services, even though 91 percent of homes have access.
- Average cost of broadband in the US is $34.95 per month. One of the reasons for the high price is because you have just 2-3 providers to choose from (less competition)
Leave a Reply