Last year India had its first edition of Great Online Shopping Festival (GOSF) on the lines of Black Friday & Cyber Monday. In 2013 GOSF was held during December 11-14. In the second edition of GOSF 240 websites participated compared with 90 in GOSF 2012.
- The sale was extended by a day and ended on Dec 14 instead of Dec 13 because of technical issues on Dec 11. Unbelievable but looks like Google too faces technical issues. They are human after all.
- Over a million users visited gosf.in within 24 hours of launch.
- 22 flats sold by Tata Value Homes.
- Snapdeal.com: 10x increase in sales as compared to last year, revenue 4-5 times the usual day. Traffic from metro cities at 34%, Tier 1 at 22%, Tier 2 at 25% and Tier 3 at 19%
- Myntra.com: Traffic increased by 2 times and revenue growth is 3.5 times, versus the preceding few days.
- ShopClues.com: New visitor turnout has been lower than expected
- HomeShop18.com: 4x increase in sales as compared to other normal days, mobile app traffic and downloads increased
- IndiaTimes shopping: 150% increase in traffic compared to GOSF 2012, sales increased by 5x compared to normal days, Mobiles and Tablets were the top selling categories
Leave a Reply