Mobile advertising, they say is big in India (I haven’t fully experienced it yet!). I do see few banners from Indian sites on various mobile sites. When you click on it, they go directly to the PC/web version of the site. I have never understood why a company hesitates to spend a “little” money on developing a mobile friendly version of their site, after all they have showed they are thinking about the future by spending on mobile advertising. There are several tools out there which allow you to convert your website to mobile friendly site (I came across mobiSiteGalore today).
According to a 2012 trending article the following data may be of interest to those who are in the internet industry, this shows why mobile ready sites are important.
A recent studyby Google and consumer research organization IPSOS OTX uncovered some very interesting information about how people use their smartphones to access the internet and the role they play in making purchase decisions.
The study found the following trends about general smartphone usage:
- 81% browse the Internet, 77% search, 68% use an app, and 48% watch videos on their smartphone
- 72% use their smartphones while consuming other media, with a third while watching TV
- 93% of smartphone owners use their smartphones while at home
But even more interesting was the data relating to how smartphones are used when making buying decisions:
- 71% of smartphone users search because of an ad they’ve seen either online or offline
- 82% of smartphone users notice mobile ads
- 74% of smartphone shoppers make a purchase as a result of using their smartphones to help with shopping
- 88% of those who look for local information on their smartphones take action within a day
Leave a Reply