It is no secret that a lot of Indians are spending a lot of time on social media, mainly on Facebook. While most of the users for Twitter are from outside the US, I don’t think there is a huge mass of quality Twitter users in India.
The latest report from Nielsen wire “Indians Now Spend More Time on Social Media Sites than on Personal Email” says,
- 30 million Indians who are online are members of social networking sites
- About two-thirds of them spend time on these social networking sites daily
- Indians spend more time on social media than personal email
- 8 percent spend between an hour and three hours on personal email, 20 percent spend the same time on social media sites
- Popular activities on social media sites: checking updates, sharing photos, sending mails (on facebook), watching videos (which will constitute half of web traffic by 2015)
- Social media is being used to find jobs, life partners
- 25% of social media users in India are able to recall brands that are active on social media
These days few departments from Govt of India are making their presence felt on Facebook. In Bangalore, the Traffic police has been trying to establish a good rapport with the citizens to improve the traffic situation. I think it is a good idea and every citizen should give constructive ideas to our govt.
What users expect from brands on social media sites?
- Information about products
- Discount vouchers
- Access to better customer service
[…] is that social networking in India makes its presence felt in the global world? Earlier India was not appearing in any statistics, now […]