During the 3rd week of every month, we get a report card of our traffic performance from ComScore. We know our traffic numbers from Google Analytics but third-party reports are used by advertisers to judge the performance of various sites. Recently ComScore held a webinar “The Rise of India’s Digital Consumer and What it Means for the Future“. The summary of the webinar has been well summarized (or detailed) on Medianama.
- The maximum time spent online in India is on social networking sites (which translates to Facebook).
- India has 124.7 million Internet users as of July 2012, up from 83 million Internet users in July 2011.
- Of this, 62.6 million Internet users are 15 years and older.
- 75% of the Indian Internet population is below 35 years and females account for 39.3% of the total audience.
- News and Information sites recorded 50.2 million visitors in July 2012, up from 32.6 million in July 2011. OneIndia.in sites accounted for 9.6%