No prizes for correct guesses – as we all know LK Advani, BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate has taken the internet “very” seriously. He is the most visible politician on the internet today.
LKAdvani.in has been aggressively advertising on the internet. There were some reports which mentioned that he was advertising in Pakistan and US media sites. Actually those ads are India targetted, i.e. if a surfer from India visits a Pakistan based newspaper he/she would see LKAdvani banners.
LK Advani has recognized the fact that during this election we are going to have 10 crore first time voters and he needs to reach out to that section of voters.
The Hindi version of the site looks very professional. It is good to see they have recognized the importance of Indian language on the internet (even though they have just one Indian language at this point of time).
While the internet strategy seems to be visible one needs to see what Advani’s team will do on the mobile. Mobile advertising is not going to be easy because telcos are bound to block those sms (unfair).
LKAdvani.in Gets Media Attention
I will not go into analyzing lkadvani.in in this posting. Few analysis you could read are,
- Hindu Nationalist Models Campaign for Premier After U.S. Presidential Candidate’s (found this link on this blog)
- Will Indian politicians follow in Obama’s e-footsteps?
- Advani tries recipe that took Obama to White House
- LK Advani is doing an Obama! Will others Indian politicians follow? (dare.co.in)
- LK Advani’s website has 3 lessons for presenters
Let us see which other politician(s) will take the internet and mobile seriously.