I get to work with many youngsters who write for us on Oneindia.in. Freshers send me emails with words like ‘dat (that)”, “2 (to)”, “pases (passes)”. Very painful for me.
The Indian mobile user base is growing at a very impressive rate.
- All latest Handsets “manufactured for” India have atleast 2 local languages enabled
- Number of wireless subscribers has reached 217.14 million (Oct 2007)
- Number of wireless subscribers being added every month is around 8 million
- Opportunities in the Tier II cities are huge
- Mobile VAS services estimated to touch USD 926 mn at the end of 2007 (SMS, Ringtones/CRBT, Voice VAS will continue to be the highest revenue generating services – TRAI)