According to ad-buying agency Magna Global Ad-spending growth will see a slowdown in 2017. Few highlights from their report, Read more on 72% of total digital budgets will be for mobile advertising…
Finally digital advertising in India will cross a billion dollars. The latest report from GroupM titled “This Year Next Year” for 2016 goes in depth on ad spend in India. After reading many articles which covered this report it appears mobile advertising data is not seen in this report.
Greynium / Oneindia.com completed 10 years of operations today (Jan 1, 2016). When we started the portal I had not thought about this milestone at all, we were so caught up firefighting many issues which a typical startup would face in its initial months. This journey would have not been possible without the efforts & support of our CEO Sriram Hebbar and Oneindia Language editors. Along the way many joined the journey and became part of the Oneindia family, my special thanks to each one of you in making this milestone a reality.
The number of Internet users in India is expected to reach 402 million by December 2015, registering a growth of 49% over last year, according to a report ‘Internet in India 2015’, jointly published by the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB International, today. While Internet in India took more than a decade to move from 10 million to 100 million and 3 years from 100 to 200 million, it took only a year to move from 300 to 400 million users.
Few basic stats of the internet space in India,
- 320 million internet user base (~25% internet penetration)
- Demography: 16- 25 years (37%), 26-35 years (38%), 36-45 (16%), Others (9%, which includes me!)
- Urban internet base 62%, rural internet base 38%
- Total mobile internet is over 250 million – 121 million 3G mobile users, 2G still bigger than 3G in India.
- Urban mobile internet users 75%, rural at 25%. Growing at 55% year-on-year.
- Smartphone penetration in India: 10% against the global penetration at 25%.
- 88% of India’s population is non-English speaking.
- Local language internet user base 127 million, growing 47% year-on-year.